Advent’s mission is “To Grow in the Lord and to Make Him Known”.
We are a community of Christians gathered around the Word and the Sacraments, inviting all people to prepare for and receive the Light of the World, Jesus Christ.
Our involvement is based on what Jesus commanded us to do. “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8).
Some of our efforts:
- Helping our neighbors impacted by various storms, disasters and the like.
- Serving at SECU House, Chapel Hill. SECU House provides a safe, nurturing, affordable home for patients and their loved ones who travel great distances to UNC Hospitals for life-saving procedures and serious illnesses. https://www.secufamilyhouse.org/
- Trunk or Treat 2019
- Helping Our NC Neighbors impacted by Hurricanes: Since 2017, we have been working to help our neighbors in the Lumberton NC area who were affected by Hurricanes Matthew and Florence. Read more about our efforts here.
- PORCH (People Offering Relief for Chapel Hill and Carrboro Homes)– Advent volunteers collect food items; take food to distribution locations once a month, and help sort food for distribution one Monday each month. Please continue to bring canned food, cereals, soups, and school snack items to church.
- Touched by Grace – We support Grace Lutheran’s annual community outreach program.
We are blessed to be a blessing to others. If you are interested in participating in any or all of these events please join us at Advent Lutheran Church.